Sunday 16 November 2014

Elie Saab

I thought for my first blog post it would be appropriate to write about one of my favorite designers: Elie Saab. I have made a deal with myself that if I don't have an Elie Saab wedding dress to get married in.. I will stay unmarried forever.

Apart from his couture which is to die for, when I saw his Ready-To-Wear Spring/Summer 2015 collection at the end of September I could have melted right there and then!! The collection was so diverse and there was so much going on but somehow it worked so well.. of course it did, it's Elie Saab. Usually I am not a big fan of prints but his prints were absolutely beautiful. The collection was so captivating and it screamed Elie Saab. He never seems to disappoint and his collections are always so different and never repetitive. It amazes me how one fashion house can have so much talent. If I had to dress in one designer for the rest of my life, it would be Elie Saab. No questions.

Here are some of my favorite looks from his Ready-To-Wear Spring/Summer 2015:



This jumpsuit was my favorite of the collection. The color is divine. There were a few similar piece in the collection but this takes the prize. The collar and lace sleeves are fabulous. (I am praying for Zara to do a similar piece next season - sorry Elie, you're not in my price range.. YET!)



Although I could never wear this jumpsuit due to my leg-aphobia, I think it is spectacular. This piece looks so Elie Saab and the detailing is incredible. I love the plunged neckline too and this model looks to die for in this piece!! Jeal!!



What an absolutely stunning dress, it really is incredible. This is my version of the playsuit, as my legs would be covered.. to a certain extent! I just need somewhere to where it to now.......




This jumpsuit makes me want to wear white! But I can't due to my pasty skin tone.. Doesn't work. The detail is amazing on top and I love the wide leg pants. I am also a sucker for a long sleeve, I think they are so underrated and can completely take a design to another level. Also.. you can not say no to that neckline!



If this were anyone else, this dress would be my worse nightmare. Loud print and a hi-low hem line but not Elie Saab, he has converted me! I don't think I would mind getting my legs out in this dress!

They're just a few of my favorites but the whole collection is stunning. Below is the link to the pictures of the whole collection so if you have not seen it, I recommend you check it out.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/spring-summer-2015/ready-to-wear/elie-saab


Thanks for reading.
I am really just finding my feet with this whole blogging thing. I have wanted to start for a while now and I've just about found a starting point! There is just so much to write about. Hopefully I will be on a roll now! 

Lydia Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment